The Niseko Shootout photography contest is back with the first ever Summer Shootout!
Things are heating up in Niseko with the launch of the first ever summer edition of the Niseko Shootout series.
Niseko Shootout Summer Series is on the search for Niseko’s best and most unique summer moments. No matter what you’re doing - enjoying a round of golf, mountain biking down Mt Annupuri or SUP boarding on Lake Toya, we want you to share your awesome Hokkaido summer time with us.
To enter simply post your entry on Instagram and use the hashtag #nisekoshootout on your photos taken from 21 June 2020 and posted before 14 September 2020.
Winners will be announced at this year's Niseko Autumn Food Festival on 21 September 2020. Prizes will be presented on the day or can be collected from Niseko Tourism at Sun Sports Land.
||¥10,000 cash, ¥10,000 MTB voucher from Niseko Nine, Avalanche Course from Rising Sun Guides valued at ¥25,000
|| ¥5,000 cash, ¥5,000 MTB voucher from Niseko Nine
|| ¥2,000 cash, ¥2,000 MTB voucher from Niseko Nine
The team from Summerlife will also choose one photo to fill the pages of the next issue of Summerlife magazine.
Follow @nisekoshootout to see your shots feature and get an idea of what the judges are looking for.
The contest is presented by Niseko Tourism with support from Rising Sun Guides, Niseko Nine, and Summerlife Magazine.
*Please make sure you don't tag @nisekoshootout - rather be sure to use the hashtag #nisekoshootout so the judges can see your picture.
Full contest rules:
All images using #nisekoshootout taken and posted between 21 June 2020 - 14 September 2020 in the Shiribeshi & Iburi region are eligible.
Three winners will be selected from all entries by a panel of judges. The contest will be run in an open format with no sub-categories.
Judges will be asked to assess images based on the following criteria: Visual Impact, Creativity, Composition, Point of Interest, Lighting, & Originality.
The winner is the photographer. The poster and/or subject may be credited if different from the photographer, but the winner is the photographer.
Enquiries: [email protected]
Who is up for this? Well we are! TOSHIRO'S BAR is offering happy hours!
You will be able to enjoy:
Draft beers, high balls 500JPY
Glass of wine 600JPY
Also the drinks on the menu are 20% (conditions apply)
Do not miss this out!
Welcome Back, Bang Bang!
I am sure that everyone has been waiting for this moment!
Bang Bang is back for the summer! They have been opening since July 23rd.
Make sure to stop by at one of our favorite places to be!
This information can also be found on their Instagram page.
There is something for everybody in Niseko!
We have put together a list of things to do in Niseko during its beautiful green season. You will be surprised to see how much Niseko has to offer during summer!
So are you ready?
~Outdoor Activities~Take your pick:
- Hike Yotei: Choose between Makkari, Hangetsu lake, Kyogoku or Kimobetsu route, enjoy your lunch on top of the crater. (website in Japanese only)
- Hike Annupuri: Perfect for trail run with a gorgeous view of Yotei. (website in Japanese only)
- Hike Iwaonupuri: Also perfect for train run. For those who are feeling extra sporty, challenge yourself to climb Annupuri and Iwaonupuri on the same day! (same starting point as Annupuri)
- Rhythm Tuesday bike ride: Not just a social ride, it gets you sweat!
- Water sports: NAC, NOASC, Hokkaido Lion Adventure
- Hanazono activities: Trekking tours, rafting, canoeing, ducky, sea kayaking, MTB tours
- Golf at Hanazono: Golf at Niseko's finest.
- Golf at Niseko Village: Beautiful and spacious gold space.
- Yoga: Powder Yoga, Marika Ashtanga Yoga, Yoga with Jac
- Grand Hirafu MTB trails: Get your downhill adrenaline here.
*Places to be discovered are: Shakotan, Furano/Biei, Sapporo, Otaru, Shiribetsu river, Toya/Noboribetsu, etc.
~ To Relax~ Also for the sporty types to relax with some sweets after sweating:
- Annupuri Gondola: Keen on taking a quick nap on top of Annupuri and charge for the rest of the day? Or you can simply ready your favorite book with an amazing view!
- Upopoy Museum: Get to know the Ainu culture
- Farmer's Camp at Camp&Go by Niseko Green Farm: Held every 2nd and 4th Sunday till September. Get your fresh veggies here and enjoy a relaxed Sunday.
- Green Farm Cafe: Amazing coffee, bread, pastries and ambience. Read your favorite book at Niseko's favorite cafe. Visit their Facebook page to see some images! They also have a delicious daily lunch too.
- Milk Kobo: Get your sweets here! Relax your muscles to charge for the night at this beautiful space.
- Niseko Gelato at Niseko View Plaza: Niseko's favorite gelato. Make sure to explore other options with a gelato in your hand!
- Hokkaidian: Enjoy their open garden lunch!
Feeling extra active?
Niseko night life (Click here for all the different events)
- Lupicia Beer Garden: Held every Friday and Saturday from 4pm~9pm. You can still enjoy their elegance through their beer garden as well!
- Abucha 2 Beer garden: Niseko's favorite place to dine out! Get out there to socialise and enjoy their yummy dishes! 4pm~10pm. (closed on Monday)
- Green Farm Cafe BBQ: Niseko's iconic public BBQ. Enjoy the juicy meats! Keep an eye on the event date.
- Toshiro's Bar: Feel like sipping a drum of whisky? Their cocktails are delicious too!
- Mick's wine tasting: Educate yourself on wine and food pairing at Mick's!
Also looking for restaurants to dine out? You can check out our post HERE.
Indulge yourself with Annupuri Charms
Finally the sun has been continuously cooking up 2020 summer in Niseko!
Here we have some information on Annupuri Gondola summer operation details and activities around it.
Details to be found on HERE.
Time to indulge yourself with Annupuri charms!
For the PDF versions of the images please click HERE and HERE (Japanese only).