Assistant General Manager
Reports to: Executive Chef/General Manager
Employment: Full time
Salary: Starting from 250,000 to 350,000
Working hours: Working days/hours will vary depending on business needs
Tomo is a new restaurant situated in the award winning Orchards Niseko resort. The restaurant offers a modern Izakaya cuisine with a sharing concept and spirit. The kanji for Tomo means together. The menu and restaurant space is designed to bring people together around great food, drink and service.
MnK Niseko is one of Niseko’s leading independent hospitality, real estate, and property management companies. Established in 2010, MnK provides services ranging from property investment, kids camp and food and beverage. Tomo is the main venue to service visitors staying at MnK managed properties and is also open to the wider Niseko community.
MnK is launching new property developments and food & beverage offerings. This position has the opportunity for growth as there is expansion into new locations.
The Assistant General Manager will help recruit for year round operations and have responsibility for overall profitability. In this role, you will work closely with the Executive Chef and General Manager to deliver a high-quality menu, train and motivate the team, expand the customer network and provide excellent customer service.
The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for:
● Managing bar operations from flow of service to stock management and ordering.
● Assist with front of house operations.
● Daily cash handling
● Assist the General Manager with reservations system and guest booking.
● Regularly provide feedback to the team in a constructive and positive manner.
● Cost saving and waste management.
● Staff training.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
● English and Japanese language skills are required
● Proven customer service experience as standards
● Extensive food and beverage knowledge & experience.
● Familiarity with restaurant management account keeping and POS software
● Strong leadership experience and skills.
● Financial management skills
●Accommodation: Access to affordable staff accommodation
● Company self improvement benefit.
● Bonus: An end of season bonus to be paid based on restaurant and personal performance
● Staff meal: 1 staff meal per day
If you are interested in the above position, please visit our website for details.
Any questions, please email to [email protected]