Kitchen Hands support the day-to-day operation of the kitchen. This involves assisting in food preparation, maintaining orderliness of food supplies and equipment, sanitation control and kitchen equipment maintenance. During slower times, they maintain the kitchen, whereas they jump in to assist in food production when the kitchen is particularly busy.
The successful candidate will have to show real energy and commitment over the probation period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· While ensuring the adherence to the highest health and safety regulations and standards, perform meticulous daily opening, routine and closing tasks.
· Kitchenhand is responsible for maintaining the order and cleanliness of the kitchen’s facilities up to government and company sanitation standards.
· Ensure all kitchen surfaces are clean, mop and sweep kitchen floors, put away dishes, pots and pans, organize food, clean out freezers.
· Ensure that all dishes are adequately sanitized by maintaining required water temperature and chemical levels.
· Assist Chefs de Partie by completing food preparation tasks as directed. This can include, but not limited, to organizing the refrigerator and freezer, chopping vegetables, washing fruit and defrosting meat
· Take responsibility for separating the trash in terms of biodegradable and non-biodegradable, also responsible for cleaning, washing the garbage bins and general waste management.
· Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from all kitchen areas each shift.
· Keep equipment and services fully operational by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
· Follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed
· Attend and actively participate in all scheduled meetings, perform any other related duty as assigned by managers or company directors.
· Maintain the dishwashing area clean and organized as well as striving for an efficient and effective space.
· Able to cope with varied and fast-paced activities, coordinating multiple tasks while ensuring consistency dependability and timeliness.
· High standards of personal grooming and cleanliness, in accordance with departmental needs and our customers` expectations.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team, always striving to step out of routine responsibilities to assist co-workers.
· Outgoing and able to spontaneously establish and develop genuine relationships with customers and co-workers.
· Flexible, always ready and willing to propose and accept changes and constructive comments.
2019/2020 Winter Season with the possibility to extend to year round.
Evening shifts only – giving you plenty of time to shred during the day!
Part time contracts are available – ideal opportunity for a second job
· Subsidized accommodation, located in Hirafu.
· Partial or full reimbursement of ski pass at the end of employment term.
· Meal voucher provided for each shift worked. This can be used throughout Niseko Pizza’s bars and restaurants.
· Access to free snowmobile tours.
Preference will be given to those with an existing right to work in Japan (Working Holiday Visa, Japanese citizen etc.) however, for the right candidate, Sponsored Work Visas can be arranged.
Email your resume and a current photo to [email protected]