Winter Events 2016-2017
- 2015-12-25 - 2017-02-12
- Event Calendar
Christmas Events (Dec 20-Dec 25)
- Annupuri Ski Resort: Snow Candles, Christmas gifts
- Grand Hirafu: Christmas event
- Niseko Village: Christmas events
New Year’s Eve Events (Dec 31 - Jan 3)
- Annupuri Ski Resort: New Year’s eve free night rides, New Year’s countdown fireworks, torchlight skiing
- Niseko Village: New Year’s Eve event
- Grand Hirafu:
- The 39th New Year Countdown, countdown torchlight skiing, 31 Dec - 1 Jan
- Kagami-biraki (traditional Japanese ceremony, featuring the opening of a sake barrel, and associated with good luck), 1 Jan @King Bell Hut
- Rice cake-making, 1 Jan @ Alpen Hotel
- “Hatsumoude” (Traditional New Year’s shrine visit) at Yamada Shrine, 1 Jan
NISEKO JAPONICA 2017 @ Niseko Central Warehouses(From 19 Jan to 22 Jan, 16 Feb to 19 Feb)
Various events under the theme of “Wa” (Japanese culture).
The Sapporo Snow Festival
(Odors Site・Susukino Site：Mon.6 Feb - Sun.12 Feb 2017 / Tsudome Site：Wed.1 Feb - Sun.12 Feb2017.)
One of the Japan’s largest winter events which attracts a growing number of visitors from Japan and all around the world every year.
Contact: Hokkaido-Sapporo Tourist Information Center (011-213-5088) http://www.snowfes.com/english/index.html
Otaru Light Path Festival (From Feb 3 to Feb 12)
Thousands of candle lights illuminate the famous canals and other locations in town.
Contact: Otaru Yuki Akari committee (0134-32-4111) http://yukiakarinomichi.org/?page_id=2180
Yukitopia Festival 2017 (at Asahigaoka Ski ground on Feb. 18- 19)
A Town of Snow, Kutchan’s Great Event of the Winter!
For Enquiries：Yukitopia Planning Committees, at Tourism Division, Kutchan Town Office (0136-23-3388)
Ski Resort Winter Event Schedule 2016-17