Midtown Niseko Manager
Position: Midtown Niseko Manager
Reporting to: Vacation Niseko Operations Manager/General Manager/Managing Director
Vacation Niseko is a property management company based in Kutchan (Hokkaido) in the Niseko ski area. Vacation Niseko has more than 110 properties under management and its core business is to manage individually-owned properties while selling short-term stays to potential guests based abroad or in Japan.
As the Manager for Midtown Niseko, you will be required to initially assist with the development and pre-launch of the facility. This role will then evolve into being the day-to-day manager of the hotel facility housing hotel guests and staff members. The hotel comprises a large restaurant, gym, and convenience store. The successful candidate will ensure that the property runs smoothly daily and work closely with the owner side and other teams to ensure the best possible outcome for the owner and staying guests.
Main roles and responsibilities
· plan and setup operations for the building
· creation of operations manual with other team members
· participating in project management of the hotel construction: licensing, operational supplies delivery
· once open, assume the role of a hands-on manager in the property to ensure all operations run smoothly daily
· recruiting, training and supervising staff.
· facilitating check ins, room bookings, and handling of guests
· helping to co-ordinate events and liaising with the restaurant operator to ensure seamless operations and service
· handling customer complaints and queries
· working in conjunction with our sales and marketing hub with ideas leading to improvements in the business.
· ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.
· Visa status permitting full-time work in Japan
· Candidate is ideally already residing in Japan
· At least 3 years in a management or supervisory position
· Native English or Japanese speaker – high level in both languages required
· Ability to absorb a lot of information quickly and learn on the job
· Flexible, reliable individual with excellent attention to detail
· Very comfortable with Excel, Word and other Office suites.
· Ability to drive and license holder.
· A passion and love for Niseko and resort life and a commitment to be here on a longer-term basis.
· Experience of living and driving in cold, snowy climates is a definite plus.
· Be an excellent and involved team player.
· Always be punctual and considerate of fellow work colleagues.
· Understand VN’s vision for customer service and be committed to its delivery.
· Provide help, information and suggestions, attend meetings as necessary.
· Comply with all work procedures as set out in the various Company Policies and Procedure Manuals.
· Always comply with the PCPD Corporate Responsibility Policy.
· Conduct oneself with the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
· Always promote and demonstrate safe work practices.
Employment Benefits / Perks
· Yearly gross salary from 4.2m Yen (salary assessed according to experience)
· Paid statutory holidays
· As a Vacation Niseko employee, the Midtown Niseko Manager will have discounts on Hanazono guest services: discounted ski rentals, ski school, back-country tours, etc.
· Individual seasonal Grand Hirafu lift pass
· Japanese health insurance and pension according to the law.
· Discretionary bonus paid annually
· Retirement plan