Located within the Skye Niseko Resort, Ryko Spa provides a wide range of services to restore and refresh the mind, body and spirit. Services include physiotherapy, invigorating massages, facials and full body treatments utilising premium skincare and technology, and weightlessness experiences in Hokkaido’s first ever Float Tank.
Ryko Spa is looking for enthusiastic Spa Therapists to join our brand new team.
- Perform massage, body and facial treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectation.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order.
- Actively participate in all areas of the Spa operation.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- At least 3 years experience in a 5-star Spa or similar environment.
- Qualification in Massage and/or Beauty Therapy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry.
- Extra qualifications and experience in a wide range of Spa modalities will be highly regarded.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalize treatments to guest’s concerns.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills.
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Fluent English required (Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable but not essential).
- Start as soon as possible to 7 April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,300 - 1,500 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Relocation and Accommodation support provided
- Your own full season Lift Pass
- Bi-monthly Pay
- Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services
- Discounts on HTM’s services
- Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
To be considered for this role, you must be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa or already have the right to work in Japan.
For inquires or to submit your application, please email [email protected] or visit https://www.skyeniseko.com/careers/seasonal-spa-therapist