Food Work - Chef De Partie
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food service professional to work as either Kumo Chef de Partie or Cook, ensuring the delivery of service at Skye Niseko’s Restaurant, Kumo. The delivery of a successful daily service is vital to delivering exceptional overall experience the guests that stay at Skye Niseko.
Skye Niseko (to be completed in 2018) will be Niseko-Hirafu’s premier independent hotel. Skye Niseko is a luxury development with 105 guest suites with a capacity of 460+ guests and includes both Kumo Restaurant and Skye Niseko’s Deli. Offsite in Kutchan the production kitchen will deliver some of the catering needs to Kumo and Skye Niseko as well as some of HTM’s other brands (such as lunches for GoSnow’s children’s lessons).
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM’s position as market leader in Niseko.
- Hands on food preparation and cooking at a workstation
- Together with the team preparing and cooking an ‘a la carte’ menu for 200 covers
- Maintaining communication with Chef on food orders
- Prepare dishes according to our concept
- Creating ‘specials’ with Chef
Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience working as a line cook or as a preparation cook
- Understands how a successfully kitchen operates
- Fluent English or Native Japanese with basic English
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Team-worker with ability to work under high pressure business hours
- Punctual individual
- Shows high levels of attention to detail
Employment Package Details
- Employment Period: ASAP to 12th April 2019
- Employment Status: Seasonal
- Hourly Rate: 1,200 to 1,300 Yen per hour, depending on experience and language abilities.
- Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
- Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)
- Starting Date: Nov, 2018
- Staff Accommodation: available
- Free Meal: Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Lift Passes: Contract includes ski lift pass
Discounts on HTM’s services: Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops: Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).