Opening in December 2018, Sky Niseko is the premier development and location in Niseko-Hirafu with 105 suites accommodating over 450 guests in beautifully designed rooms.
As a Spa Therapist, your duties will include:
- Perform massage, body and facial treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times.
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectation.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order.
- Actively participate in all areas of the Spa operation.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- At least 3 years experience in a 5-star Spa or similar environment.
- Qualification in Massage and/or Beauty Therapy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry.
- Extra qualifications and experience in a wide range of Spa modalities will be highly regarded.
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalize treatments to guest’s concerns.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills.
- Use initiative and proactive and positive attitude to assist team members to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Language skills (English- required, Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable but not essential).
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
Employment Period: 16 October 2018 to 7 April 2019, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
Working Hours: Around 40 hours per week on a rotating roster. Rosters will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,300 - 1,500 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Accommodation: Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price. Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Lift Passes: Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered. Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Skye Niseko means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- Cost Price on Skye Niseko-delivered Services: Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
- Discounts on HTM’s services: Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).