Snow Sports Instructor and Winter Activity Facilitator
EdVenture Niseko offers immersive camp experiences for children and young teenagers in Niseko, Japan. The winter program is designed to allow participants the opportunity to make the most of Hokkaido’s snow season, learn new skills and build self-confidence, all whilst having lots of fun.
The EdVenture Niseko Snow Sports Instructor and Winter Activity Facilitator will join a team of snow lovers whose job it is to deliver top quality ski lessons and activities, both on and off the ski hill. The position entails being a positive role model, friend and mentor to children aged 5 – 14 years. In this role, you will combine your passion for leading on-mountain ski or snowboard lessons with a range off mountain activities, including but not limited to snowboard building, snowshoe adventures, snow safety and more.
Employment: 1 December 2018 – 31 March 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Working hours: Working days/hours will vary depending on business needs
• Model good sportsmanship through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support.
• Create a positive rapport with children and parents or guardians.
• Help the team maintain discipline during each activity, and lead groups from one activity to another in an orderly manner.
• Ability to lead or assist and supervise children in off mountain activities.
• Ability to teach and plan ski or snowboard lessons.
• Responsible for the safety of each camp participant in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience and/or desire to work with children and young teenagers in a camp setting.
• Excellent people skills, and a friendly, service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to problem solve effectively.
• Ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
• Passion and/or desire to work in the outdoors, particularly a cold, snowy environment.
• Enthusiasm, patience and a reliable nature.
• Snow sports instructor qualification.
• Must hold valid working holiday visa or be a Japanese citizen or documentation of a minimum of 36 months experience in a Snow Sports Instructor position for visa eligibility (EdVenture Niseko will assist with Immigration for the correct candidate).
• Fluency in English. Fluency in Japanese or Mandarin an advantage.
• Ability to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
• Prior experience working with children in a similar role. Prior experience as a teacher, coach, or camp counselor is an advantage.
• Must hold a valid Japanese driver’s license or International Driving Permit
• First aid qualifications an advantage, but not essential.
• All mountain lift pass for the duration of your contract.
• Access to affordable staff accommodation.
• Access to company vehicles. Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]