Book now to enjoy the great saving opportunities for your next winter vacation in Niseko!
Can't wait for the next winter vacation in Niseko? We are, too! If you are looking for some great deals for your 2019-20 winter trip, look no further! Here is a list of some great options around the Niseko area! Many of them are ending soon, so ACT FAST!
- Aya Niseko: Proudly sits at the base of one of Niseko Grand Hirafu’s most popular ski runs, Aya Niseko offers an unparalleled ski-in ski-out experience. Start booking from April 6 and save 20%(offer ends on May 31st, 2019).
- Always Niseko: Designed for the intrepid traveller who seeks the ultimate experience balanced with always the best in value, book now and save up to 35% off for your winter stay by May 31st, 2019!
- Forest Hideaway: An incredibly beautiful, uncrowded, and peaceful spot, away from the Hirafu hysteria. Enjoy 20% off for 6 nights or more stay if you book before October 31st (discount code: NPB).
- Hokkaido Tracks Resort Properties: Operating for over ten years and offering Niseko’s most exclusive residences for the most discerning travelers, Hokkaido Tracks Resort Properties' accommodations provide magnificent village locations, panoramic views of the ski fields and Mount Yotei, ensuite rooms, or open-air hot tubs. Book now and enjoy 15% off on all properties!
- Hyatt House Niseko: Integrated Hotel and F&B destination bringing the best brands of Niseko together in the very centre of Hirafu Village. Enjoy 10% off if you book now.
- Ki Niseko: Doorstep access to Niseko's world famous snow, you can save 20% on selected winter dates if you book by June 30, 2019.
- Maples Niseko: Nestled in the heart of Hirafu, the Maples Niseko is the new ski-in ski-out accommodation, open in December 2018. Book your winter stay at this brand new accommodation and save up to 40% off by May 31st, 2019.
- MnK Niseko: Save 5% for you winter 19-20 stay at Akazora, The Chalets at Country Resort, and The Orchards Niseko. Don't miss it.
- Niseko Central: With the widest range of accommodation in the heart of Hirafu, Niseko Central is offering up to 30% off on your next winter stay (book by April 30, 2019). You can save up to 25% off if you book by June 30, 2019.
- Niseko Beginners Base Camp"Freeride Lodge Niseko": Niseko budget accommodation at its best, located in the heart of Niseko United ski fields. Book before September 20th and enjoy 10% Off (use the code NBBC when you contact directly)
- Skye Niseko: Opening for its first winter season in 2018, Skye Niseko is located at the top of Hirafu village. Save up to 20% on your winter stay or up to 30% off for minimum 7-night stay (book by June 30, 2019)!
- Taiga: To those looking to holiday in the best of Niseko - Hirafu, Taiga is proud to present properties that they helped bring to fruition. We believe that the added comfort and attention to detail in these properties will take your Niseko holiday to a higher level. Enjoy up to 30% off by March 31st, 2019.
TELLUS NISEKO SPECIAL OPENING SPECIAL: TELLUS Niseko is raising the bar for luxury accommodation in Niseko. Primely located in Upper Hirafu, it is just minutes away from the Grand Hirafu lifts as well as local restaurants, bars, markets and shops. Celebrate this grand opening with us and save 25% off NOW.
Take a sneak peak one of the entries already received for the Niseko Shootout Short Film Fest – Winterfox by Roxy sponsored skier Lena Stoffel.
Excitement is starting to build for the inaugural festival with some amazing movies already submitted and the official festival venue announced. The Hanazono 308 resort base building will host the event on Saturday, March 16, with free shuttle buses ferrying viewers from Hirafu to Hanazono.
A dozen or more of the best films as selected by a panel of legendary judges will be shown with prizes ¥100,000 and Niseko resort lift passes.
The event will be fully catered by the famous Niseko Pizza and is sure to be a great night out showcasing Niseko and the talent it’s cultivating. Grab your friends and make a night of it!
Winterfox_Teaser from Lena Stoffel on Vimeo.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
The Shootout judges are looking for short, creative films that tell a story about Niseko. They don’t have to be Oscar winning standard – they just need to be put together with passion and whatever technical skills you have available to you. There are several categories to guide Person Profile, Culture, Nature/Environment, Park Riding, and Adventure/Exploration.
Registration is free and open from now until film submission deadline March 5.
Head over to the event webpage for full registration details and film guidelines.
Hokkaido Government is going to have "Summer Job Fair 2019 Niseko, ShiriBeshi" from February 18(Mon) to 22(Fri) 2019, after Chinese new year. The event venue "hirafu188 Event Space" is located on "Hirafu-zaka" street, easy to access from every winter resorts in Niseko area.
This 5 days event is for introducing spring/summer season job in 2019 to visitors/regidents who have valid work visa (including Working Holiday makers). Niseko and its surroundings, called "Shiribeshi", need your help in many jobs like agriculture, forestery, food processing, and shop staff.
We have English speaking staff and help finding your new employer with asking your desirable job types, working period, and working conditions. Please come and visit us!
For more information, please see HERE!! For the PDF flyer, please download from here.
This is one Spring event you don't want to miss!
Capping off our event lineup, this year’s NIseko Shootout winning photos will be announced at the inaugural Niseko Shootout Short Film Festival.
With 100,000 JPY in cash prizes up for grabs, get those editing skills honed. Held on Saturday, March 16th at HANAZONO 308, the selected (max 10 minutes) films will be premiered in 5 categories:
Registration is free and open from now until March 5th. Just submit the registration form via email or drop by Niseko Tourism office. Come one, come all for an end of season celebration of Niseko winter through film and photography!
- Person Profile
- Park Riding
1st Place: 60,000 JPY Cash Prize AND 2x Niseko United 5 day passes
2nd Place: 30,000 JPY Cash Prize
3rd Place: 10,000 JPY Cash Prize
Short Film Fest Guidelines:
Registration is free.
Entrants must fill out the Niseko Shootout Short Film Fest Entry Form via email or in person at NPB offices by March 5th, 2019.
Films must be submitted by March 5th, 2019.
Entries can be of any duration - max 10 minutes.
Foreign language films must be accompanied by an English translation or have English subtitles.
Films must have been completed after March 15th, 2017.
Films must contain footage filmed in and/or around Niseko.
Entrants are responsible for ensuring films have all music (festival rights) and talent permissions required for public display. Please submit relevant documentation with your film entry.
Entrants are required to supply promotional materials: 3x still images and a 10-15 second teaser clip for the purpose of promoting the film and film fest.
Entrants will be judged by the below 5 criteria:
- Niseko soul
- Story telling
- Production & Editing
*I acknowledge that the Niseko Shootout jury will select the winning films and no discussion into the final decision will be entered into.
*The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these guidelines, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Film Fest organizers.
There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners only. Each winner can come from any category. For Example: All winners can come from 1 category.
Entrants are required to provide an HD high-resolution version of the film.
Means of submission will be discussed via email upon entrant's registration.
To tourists coming to stay in Kutchan Town, Kutchan Town is aiming to add 2% tax charge to visitors’ accommodation fee from November 2019.
The accommodation tax is a special tax for specific purpose, which Kutchan Town uniquely introduces. The purpose is to cover costs involved in promoting tourism, and enhancing the attractiveness of Kutchan Town as it has developed into one of the world-renowned resort town.
The revenue from the tax will be used to solve issues associated with the rising number of tourists and to increase visitors' satisfaction and revisit rate.
Who pays the tax?
Visitors who stay overnight in lodging facilities in the municipal area of Kutchan Town.
*Students and teachers etc. on school trips or traveling for business are exempt from this tax if they are pre-approved by an authorized Japanese school official as a study trip serving educational purposes.
*Diplomats who present a tax exemption card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan are exempt from tax.
2% of your accommodation fee
*Accommodation fee doesn't include consumption tax, bathing facility tax, cost of meals etc.
How to pay the tax
Tax will be added to the accommodation fee at the lodging facility in which you are staying.
*The details may change depends on the outcome of the consultation with the Minister of Internal Affairs.
Contact: Kutchan Town Office
(General Info) General Policy Division TEL: 0136-56-8001
(Collection of Accommodation Tax) Tax Division TEL:0136-56-8002
||Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
||Kutchan Town Council and Kutchan Town Office
||Application for approval to Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
||Kutchan Town approved it about the accommodation tax collection in Kutchan Town council.
||The Kutchan-cho Town office takes the budget demand procedure to the town council.
||The result from Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications will be arrived in the end of March as scheduled .
||For the budget demand, Kutchan Town Office will discuss it in a council meeting of March.
||Project preparations will start full-scale after the agreement of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications.
||Advertising and promotion starts after the agreement of town council.
||Some explanatory meetings will be scheduled from May.
|July - October 2019
|1st November 2019
||Accommodation tax starts as scheduled.
||Accommodation Tax stats on 1 November as scheduled.